- Luhut B. Panjaitan is currently Coordinating Minister for Politics, Law and Security in President Joko Widodo’s administration.
- Previously, he was Chief of Presidential Staff from December 31, 2014, until September 2, 2015.
- During President Abdurrahman Wahid's administration, he was also Minister of Industry and Trade.
- Before that, this father of four had been the Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Singapore.
- He is also a successful businessman and was a recipient of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2011 in the Social Development category.