The Open Call for Applications for the 2020 Young Global Changers program has ended. Thank you for the overwhelming response!
The Young Global Changers program brings together young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change. Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summer School and the Global Solutions Summit from April 17-22, 2020 in Berlin, Germany.
We are currently witnessing a trend in many advanced and emerging economies where economic prosperity is increasingly becoming decoupled from social prosperity and environmental sustainability. There is an urgent need for a global paradigm change to recouple the economy with social and ecological needs, and to reverse the growing global inequality.
Each year young people frm around the world, who share our concern about the current global situation and are already engaged in a project or initiative to bring about positive change; will participate in a comprehensive summer school and attend the Global Solutions Summit in Berlin. They contribute to positive global change as a member of an active global community of change makers.
Who Should Apply?
- Young researchers and academics involved in a research project that tackles issues related to the recoupling of economy, society and environmental sustainability,
- Young entrepreneurs and innovators involved in a social enterprise aimed at recoupling, and young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside,
- Young non-profit leaders, active as community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic or environmental change on a local, regional or global level,
- …who are between the ages of 21 and 35,
- …who want to become longstanding, active members of a strong global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change,
- .…who commit to working constantly towards recoupling the economy with social well-being in a sustainable way,
- …who want to become regular contributors to the Global Solutions Summit and other events and activities of the Global Solutions Initiative.
Who are the Young Global Changers?
The Young Global Changers are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action.
This project can be a research project, a social project, a global advocacy campaign or a local neighborhood initiative, a business idea a social enterprise, and more. Furthermore, the project needs to be connected to a current global challenge and must aim to make an impact at the global, regional or local levels.
What is Part of the Program?
1. The Global Solutions Summer School (April 17 – 22, 2020)
2. The Global Solutions Summit (April 20 – 21, 2020)
3. Continued Engagement
The Application Process
The Call for applications for the 2020 Young Global Changers has ended. We are currently not accepting any applications.
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin**
- Accommodation for the time of the summer school & Summit (April 17 -22, 2020)
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2020
- Lectures with global thought-leaders from academia and beyond
- Comprehensive summer school workshops
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers
- Possibilities for further engagement
*Please note that all expenses must be paid upfront and will be reimbursed within 6 weeks after the Global Solutions Summer School. Do bear in mind that participants are responsible for submitting reimbursement claims. Currency fluctuations may lead to small changes in the total amount reimbursed.
**Additional costs may apply for local transportation in Berlin, visa arrangements, food, travel insurance and more. These costs will not be covered by the program.
Special thanks to: