- Christian Déséglise is Group Head of Sustainable Infrastructure and Innovation at HSBC. Previously, he held various positions within HSBC, including Head of Sustainable Finance and Investments, Global Head of Central Banks and Sovereign Wealth Funds at HSBC Global Banking and Markets, and Global Head of Emerging Markets at HSBC Global Asset Management. Christian is also a Non-Executive Director of HSBC Bank (Egypt).
- He is a member of the One Planet Lab, a high level advisory group set up by President Macron to address challenges related to climate change. He leads the FAST-Infra initiative, aiming to mobilize private investment to finance sustainable infrastructure. He is also the co-Chair of the WEF Global Future Council on SDG Investments, the co-Chair of the Sustainable Infrastructure Working Group of HRH the Prince of Wales’ Sustainable Markets Initiative, and the co-lead of working groups of the Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero. Christian is also a member of the Climate Council of the Bloomberg New Economy Forum.
- Christian Deseglise is also an Adjunct-Professor at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs, where is has been teaching on Emerging Markets and Sustainable Finance since 2009. He is also the co-founder and co-director of Columbia University’s BRIC-Lab, which was set up to study the rise of Emerging countries.
- He has taught at Sciences Po in Paris and at the Institute for High Studies for Development in Bogotá, Colombia. He has written a book “Le Défi des Pays Emergents: Une Chance pour la France”, which was published in France in April 2012. He has also written numerous articles on Emerging Markets and Sustainable Finance.
- He is a Graduate from Sciences Po (Paris). He holds a Master’s degree from La Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris) and a Master of International Affairs from Columbia University in New York.