Data Protection Statement
1. Information on the collection of personal data
- In the following we provide information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- The Global Solutions Initiative Foundation gemeinnützige GmbH is responsible according to Art. 4 Sect. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- When using the website for information purposes only, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to present our website to you:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- We store this data in so-called server log files. We neither pass on this data nor do we merge it with other data sources. We need this data in order to be able to analyze errors or track illegal use. This interest justifies the storage of the IP address that cannot easily be personalized by us for 180 days.
3. Further processing of personal data and their deletion
- On the legal basis of Art. 3 Sect. 1 LDSG and Art. 6 Sect. 1 Sentence 1 lit. e GDPR we process generally accessible contact data, which we have included in our mailing list after a targeted and conscientious search. We inform these contacts exclusively about our work and events.
- Processing and storage of this data will only take place for the period required to achieve the purpose of storage and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the federal state regulations. Upon achievement of the purpose, the data will be deleted in accordance with the law.
- On our website you are able to sign up for conferences and events of the GSI. If you sign up for a GSI conference, for the purpose of operation your data is forwarded to Cvent Deutschland GmbH, Bockenheimer Landstraße 17/19, 60325 Frankfurt. Legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 DSGVO. We retain your data as long as you do not revoke your consent or object to the processing of your data.
- On our website you are able to sign up for the newsletters “Update”, “Press Newsletter” and “Background”. If you sign up for any of our newsletters, for the purpose of operation your data is forwarded to The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 USA. Legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 DSGVO
3.1 Comment Function of the Global Solutions Summit
- On our website we offer users the possibility to register to participate in the community for the purpose of commenting on texts and videos by entering personal data. The data is entered into an input mask, transmitted to us and stored. The data will not be passed on to third parties. The following data is collected during the registration process: Gender, Title, Name, E-Mail, Company/Institution, Job Position/Function, Country of Origin. At the time of registration, the following data is also stored: The comment, the name, IP address. During the registration process, the user’s consent for the processing of this data is obtained.
- The legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO if the user has given his/her consent.
- The registration of the user is necessary for the provision of certain content and services on our website. It is used to participate in the commenting feature available for the videos on the website within the framework of the community.
- The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose of their collection.
- As a user, you have the possibility to cancel the registration at any time by sending a message in text form (e.g. e-mail, letter) to the contact option given in the imprint. This also enables a revocation of the consent to store the personal data collected during the registration process.
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies
- Persistent cookies
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- We request your consent to accept cookies when you visit the website (legal basis is Art. 6 Sect. 1 Sentence 1 lit. a GDPR). If you agree, your consent will be stored as a cookie (cookienote) in the browser program of your device for one year.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
5. Use of analysis services
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
6. Contacting us
When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide in the form will be stored by us in the mail program of the responsible employee in order to be able to enter into dialogue with you. When contacting us by e-mail, we assume your consent so that we can reply to you (legal basis is Art. 6 Sect. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR). We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
7. Social Networks
Our website contains links that activate the functions of individual social networks. If you click on one of these links, a direct connection is established between your browser and the social network, even if you do not leave our website. The social network server receives the information that you have visited our website with your IP address.
505 N Mathilda Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
Links on our site that link to LinkedIn are identified by the LinkedIn logo (“in”).
1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Links on our site that connect you to Twitter can be recognized by the Twitter logo (a little bird).
901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA
Links on our site that connect you to YouTube can be recognized by the YouTube logo (a “Play” button).
Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Irland
Links on our site that connect you to Facebook are identified by the Facebook logo (“F”).
SmugMug Inc., Suite 200, 67 E Evelyn Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94041, USA
Links on our site that connect you to Flickr are identified by the Flickr logo (Two dots in the middle of a square).
8. Your rights
- You have the following rights towards us with regard to personal data concerning you:
a. Right to information,
b. Right to correction or deletion,
c. right to limitation of processing,
d. where applicable right of opposition to the processing,
e. Right to data transferability.
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you have the right to rescind this at any time. Such a cancellation affects the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have issued your cancellation.
- You also have the right to complain to a competent data protection supervisory authority, e.g. Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit at www.datenschutz-berlin.de about our processing of your personal data.
- You can inform us about your objection under the following contact data: firstname.lastname@example.org