Vision & Mission
The Global Solutions Initiative is a global collaborative enterprise comprised of a network of world-renowned think tanks. It proposes policy responses to major global problems, addressed by the G20, the G7 and other global governance fora.
The Global Solutions Initiative was founded during the 2017 German G20 Presidency by the Initiative’s President Dennis J. Snower. The Global Solutions Initiative is a stepping stone to the T20 and G20 Summits and supports the Think20 process for think tanks.
- To provide research-based policy advice to help governments tackle major global challenges of the G20 and beyond
- To generate proposals for aligning business, civil societies and governments for global problem-solving to address human needs in thriving societies
- To start a world-wide movement that aims to recouple economic, political and environmental prosperity with social prosperity
The Global Solutions Initiative’s mission is to provide an intellectual backbone for the T20 process and thereby for the G20, pursued in the spirit of global citizenship for the recoupling of economic, social, political and environmental prosperity. To this end, we promote a variety of events, publications and networks:
- The Global Solutions Summit – The World Policy Forum – will be held online from April to June 2020
- International workshops and conferences, comprising “deep dives” into particular policy areas
- Dialogues with policymakers and business leaders, based on the Policy Briefs
- National and regional meetings, exploring the interface between global problem-solving and local decision-making
- A Global Solutions Summer School for graduate students from public policy, business and media schools, to be focused on the implications of the recoupling theme
- A Global Solutions Journal which assembles world-class thinkers with politicians and representatives from civil society and business