- Leena Srivastava is also Vice Chancellor of TERI School of Advances Studies, New Delhi.
- She has been highly engaged in climate and sustainable development issues through participation on various boards and committees and in advisory roles in international organizations, research institutions, and the corporate sector.
- She is an independent and non-executive director on the boards of Bharti Infratel Ltd. and Shree Cement Ltd. in India.
- She is also on the sustainable development advisory board of Caterpillar Inc., USA, as well as the advisory boards of Cairn Energy, Vedanta Resources, and Consocia Advisory, India.
- At an international level, she is a co-chair of the science advisory group to the UN Secretary General’s 2019 Climate Action Summit; Co-chair of Future Earth; and a member of the president's advisory group on climate change and sustainable development of the Asian Development Bank and the international advisory panel of the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment, and Energy in Germany among other positions.