Mathias Cormann is the 6th Secretary-General of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). His five-year term commenced on 1 June 2021. Working with OECD members, his priorities as Secretary-General are to:
- Help maximise the strength of the economic recovery in the wake of COVID-19;
- Drive and promote global leadership on ambitious and effective action on climate change to achieve global net-zero emissions by 2050;
- Finalise a multilateral approach to digital taxation;
- Seize the opportunities and better manage the risks in the digital economy;
- Promote market-based policies and a rules-based international order; and to
- Strengthen the engagement and outreach of the OECD into the Asia-Pacific.