- Distinguished Visiting Professor of Economics at Tsinghua University
- President (2015-17) of the Economic Science Association (ESA), an international organization of experimental economists.
- Chen’s research interests are in behavioral and experimental economics, market design, and the economics of information technology.
- She has published in leading economics and management journals, such as the American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Economic Theory, Management Science, and general interest journals such as the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- She served as an Advisory Editor at Games and Economic Behavior (2013-2020), and a Department Editor (Behavioral Economics and Decision Analysis) of Management Science from 2018-2022.