- Damayanti Buchori is the Lead Co-Chair of the Indonesian T20 Task Force 4 Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture.
- She is the Chair of the Center for Transdisciplinary and Sustainability Sciences (CTSS), Bogor Agricultural University.
- She is also a Professor at the Department of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, Bogor Agricultural University.
- She received her Master from the Entomology Department, Universty of Illinois at Urbana, IL, USA and her doctorate in Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour, Biology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.
- As insect ecologist by training, she then began working on the interphase of agriculture-conservation issues since early 2000 through her work on insect biodiversity and stability of rain forest margin. Her passion in ecology has opened a wider array of research areas in landscape ecology and land use change, that covers also the aspect of human dimension, i.e how biodiversity affect local knowledge and how humans affect changes in the landscape.
- In the past 15 years, her work has moved to landscape approach research where the focus of biodiversity and policy are interlinked. Her interest currently include science-policy work, ie. how science and policy should be intertwined to produce evidence based policy that are greatly needed