- Fukunari Kimura is a Professor, Faculty of Economics, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan since 2000.
- He is also a Chief Economist, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia since 2008.
- Fukunari Kimura received his Bachelor of Law from the Faculty of Law, University of Tokyo in 1982, M.S. and Ph.D. in economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison respectively in 1990 and 1991.
- He was Researcher at the International Development Center of Japan (1982-1986), Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, State University of New York at Albany (1991-1994), and Associate Professor at the Faculty of Economics, Keio University (1994-2000). Professor Kimura was also the President, Japan Society of International Economics (2010-2012) and the Representative Director, Tokyo Center for Economic Research (2012-2014).
- His recent publications include books and articles on international production networks and economic integration in East Asia.