- Andreas Freytag is Professor of Economics at the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Honorary Professor at the University of Stellenbosch and Visiting Professor at the Institute of International Trade, University of Adelaide.
- He is also Director of Tutwa Europe, member of the CESifo Research Network, a STIAS Fellow, a Senior Fellow at Kings College’s DAFM, Senior Research Fellow at ECIPE, Brussels, and a Senior Research Associate at SAIIA, Johannesburg.
- Freytag is also founding member of the G20 Trade and Investment Research Network.
- Freytag has obtained his diploma from the University of Kiel, his doctorate as well his Habilitation from the University of Cologne.
- He has published a number of books and articles in first-class peer-reviewed journals on economic policy, international trade policy, development economics and international policy coordination. He contributes to blogs and has a weekly column on wiwo-online, a German magazine.